Enforcement of a Judgment

A judgment is entered in a civil matter when the court declares that one person has a right to recover money from another person. The money is payable immediately. However getting a judgment is not a guarantee of payment. It is not the court's job to collect the money. If you are the successful party, as the judgment creditor), you will have to begin the process to collect the money from the unsuccessful party who is referred to as the  judgment debtor. This also applies if a court awards you restitution in a criminal matter and you choose to file any unpaid amount as a civil judgment.

To enforce a judgment:

        *Record the Judgment

        *Investigate the debtor

        *Attach debtor's assets

Debt Collection

When trying to recover a debt, we will contact the debtor, setting out the facts of the situation.
We will firmly inform the debtor details of the steps we will take if payment is not received.

Evidence Required for Debt Collection:

        * the name and address of both creditor and debtor
        * social security number of the debtor, if it is available
        * dated copies of all paperwork relating to the debt
        * witness statement if they exist
        *proof of partial payments
        *any and all documents related to the money owed

Should the creditor fail to make payment upon the date demanded, our offices will pursue the matter in a court of law.  We will file the necessary complaint and pursue the case until the matter is settled or judgment is entered in favor of our client. Upon judgment being entered, we will investigate the debtor's assets and attach the debtor's assets.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.